I’ve been a bit at a loss for what to add to my blogs lately and I’ve realized memes and prompts like this really get the inspirational juices flowing. Also, I enjoy talking about myself on the interwebs, so opening up is definitely not a problem.
I forgot who initially made this, but please credit them. I will start later today (I was going to say tommorow, but then I realized that it is 6 AM. Holy shit.)
- At what point did you know you were an atheist? Why did you become one, what were the factors leading up to the decision, if you weren’t always one?
- What religion did you grow up with? Did you have positive or negative experiences with religion?
- Are you a more outspoken or more apathetic atheist? Why?
- Do you think religion is obsolete and should be wiped completely off the face of the Earth, or does some good come out of it?
- Did you lose any friends because you decided to be an atheist? Did your family flip out?
- How do you feel about so-called “militant atheists” such as Richard Dawkins, Christopher Hitchens, and Sam Harris?
- Except for God, do you believe in anything supernatural or pseudoscientific? (Ghosts, alien abductions, spirits, souls, demons, psychics, magic, Harry Potter, etc.)
- What’s your political alignment? Does your atheism influence how you vote and how you feel on issues?
- Even though you’re an atheist, have you ever experienced a moment that could be called “religious?” Like an epiphany about the world or complete peace?
- Are you spiritual, or are your feet always on the ground?
- Do you have/plan on having a career in the sciences? Alternatively: which branch of science intrigues you most?
- What happens when we die? Do you fear death?
- Would you ever date/marry somebody who follows a religion? Be honest.
- On a scale of 1-10, how happy are you with life at this moment, and why?
- Recommend a book. :) (Doesn’t have to be relevant to atheism, just any good book.)
Some good stuff on this list. I’m looking forward to it.